BHA is a forward-thinking, ambitious and friendly arboricultural consultancy practice established in 2009. We are passionate about delivering high-quality advice to a wide range of clients across the UK. We want to see urban trees better planned and cared for so that the multiple benefits of trees can be fully realised.
We are based in a rural office in beautiful countryside just outside Pershore in Worcestershire with good access to the M5 and motorway network.
We are looking for a GIS and CAD technician to utilise our established GIS systems and software to support our team.
From the preparation of GIS surveys, mapping and topographical data to the presentation of field data online and as outputted CAD layout drawings, you will enjoy working as part of a team and be motivated to improve and develop their GIS resource and capabilities as well as other associated data collection technologies (e.g. use of drones).
Remote / hybrid working will be considered for someone with the right experience. Some development / training is possible for a candidate with the right attributes, core skills and interest.
To apply for this role you should be able to demonstrate:
– Experience of ESRI ArcGIS software and ideally QGIS – this could be in a commercial environment but could also be during your studies.
– Ability to work with, quality check, clean, ensure the accuracy of and manipulate data, presenting sometimes complex technical information in a clear, understandable way in various forms..
– An interest in and ideally also some experience working with mapping software, topographical, landscape related or environmental data.
– Some experience of CAD (e.g. AutoCAD / Vectorworks) or other graphics packages.
– Ability to create and manipulate images, photographs, text and information to a high standard.
– Understanding of technical drawings and information.
– High attention to detail, numerate, organised and can manage data, files etc, in a logical manner.
– Computer literacy including Word and Excel, ideally Mac.
– A good communicator including a good standard of written English.
– Able to work in a hybrid team environment, manage own workload and actively prioritise to meet deadlines.
Naturally self-motivated and positive, you will focus on producing high quality work and delivering great service to the growing team and their customers, taking advantage of training and development to ensure you continue to add value and challenge yourself.
A driving license is required for this role and the ability to work flexibly on occasion.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Our commitment to your continued professional development
- Stimulation: a varied range of work using the latest tools that will stretch your capabilities
- A competitive salary – likely to range between £24-28k dependent on experience and skills
- An attractive package of employee benefits
We’d be happy to talk to you about this role if you want to find out more (01386 576161) or you can send your CV and covering email/letter to firstname.lastname@example.org